Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy 6 months Preston

Happy 6 months Bubbas!

6 months is such a huge milestone. It's the halfway mark to that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow  that every parent looks forward to - the 1 year mark.  Don't get me wrong - I cherish every moment with our Bubbas but knowing what it's like "on the other side" is reassuring during those difficult moments of baby life.  People tell you not to compare your kids but oh well, I do it.  Brad & I are constantly asking each other,  "When did Eloise do that?"  We almost never agree.  Haha!  If we had to make an overall assessment, we'd say that Preston is right on track with Eloise's development that 1st year but he's desperate to keep up with her.  Just the other night he was getting up on his knees and rocking back & forth.  As cute as it was, I couldn't help but think, "Wait! Stay my baby forever!" I know - I just said I look forward to the end of the baby era.  What can I say?  Mama is a little nuts at times. 

Preston's Menu Options
Apples 
Pears
Bananas 
Peaches 
Green Peas
Butternut Squash
Avocados
Sweet Potatoes
Carrots 
Green Beans - HATED. 
Rice Cereal 
Preston in Action 
He is on the move! Backwards scooting & lots of rolling to his desired destination.  It's hilarious to watch him log roll across a room.  He regularly gets himself in weird positions where he is straddled table legs or left with nowhere else roll.  Just recently, he has been able to sit up on his own. He can't get himself to sitting position yet but it's cute when he tries.  Preston isn't aware of his own strength and that's a shame because we are in the Banging & Slapping stage.  He smacks his hands on the table & people.  I've gotten a few whacks to the face or chest when he is nursing.  That will keep you awake for sure!  He has also discovered that even though he loves the jumperoo or exersaucer, that using people as his own personal bouncer is more convenient.  Just because I'm holding you on my lap doesn't mean that we are going to pretend we are on a roller coaster ride! 
6 Month Stats
Weight: 18lb 3oz (62%)
Height: 27.17in (72%)
Head: 17.72in (91%)
At this point, I think it's safe to say that Preston is not going to have blue eyes. Jury is still out on whether he will have brown or hazel eyes. Either way, he's a handsome fella!

1 comment:

  1. Omg, he's the cutest thing ever! I love his little sitting up belly! I could eat him!

    ReplyDelete